My Blog List

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama bin Laden's Death

I hesitate to post anything about the Osama bin Laden affaire. It doesn't really matter what I feel about his death and the Navy Seals' extraordinary mission. Rather than saying anything about these matters, I'll add a couple of links to what the author and journalist Chris Hedges has written. The first link is to what he wrote about Osama bin Laden's death in relation to his (Hedges) experience in reporting on the Middle East.
http://www.truth-out.org/chris-hedges-speaks-osama-bin-laden%E2%80%99s-death/1304343151
 The second link is to a lecture that Chris Hedges gave and is described as follows:
Journalist and author Chris Hedges delivers a lecture based on his book Death of the Liberal Class. Hedges argues that there are five pillars of the liberal establishment - the press, liberal religious institutions, labor unions, universities and the Democratic Party - but that these institutions have failed the constituents they purport to represent.
I referred to this item in my 26 January 2011 post. 
   I have expressed my thoughts on the Democratic Party and America's one party system. I urge attending to Chis Hedges' important thoughts on these matters. 







No comments:

Post a Comment