My Blog List

Monday, January 23, 2012

Well! That is not to say …

My blogging hiatus has ended. My time spent between 16 December 2011 and today has not been without interest. I've done very little serious reading, except for reading about music. I have watched some quite interesting films, more football than I care to recall, and my favorite television-series reruns - The Naked City, Peter Gunn, and The Untouchables. I still look at The Guardian newspaper every day to find out about what's not happening in the Imperial United States of America - which like The Holy Roman Empire is neither imperial or united. I have avoided the Republican's freak show. And I shall continue to avoid the Democrat's version of the same puppet show. I did learn that President Obama is an introvert. Not all puppets need be introverts, I guess.
    I have a bunch of music discs that I've been going through. And I have a performance of Olivier Messiaen's Des Canyons Aux Étoiles … that I'm looking forward to.
   So I hope to report on my listening and attendant reading and thinking in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment