My Blog List

Monday, November 26, 2012

A Late Quartet - Life in C ♯ minor

Robert Paul Wolff directed my attention to A Late Quartet, a fine film that treats music, musicians, love, and personal loss - see the link below. This afternoon my wife and I went to see the film. I was quite moved by it, I was ready to weep from the start of the film; and I remained weepy throughout the film.
  There are very few films which treat music and music-making intelligently. A Late Quartet conveys what it's like to be a serious musician and what being a member of a chamber-music ensemble requires. There were no Ken Russell light-my-fire tricks employed here. The hard work involved in the performance of art music is very well displayed in the film.
  The performances by the principle actors are compelling, especially those of Christoper Walken and Seymour Hoffman which are outstanding.
  The Brentano String Quartet performs the film's music, Beethoven's Op. 13 in C ♯ minor; the film's other principal character.

http://robertpaulwotartlff.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-night-at-movies.html

http://www.michigandaily.com/arts/11late-quartet-review26

No comments:

Post a Comment