My Blog List

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Darkness & Light

I haven't been in a blogging mood lately. I had hoped to finish my post on music aesthetics; but in spite of Dr King's words of caution, his reminders against getting turned around or getting side-tracked; I managed to do both. Sometimes being off course leads to discovery and creative energies. In my present state of being turned around, nothing very encouraging has transpired along creative lines.
  But fortunately my wife, Maria, has finished a very fine portrait of me. And this has boosted my spirits. Writing these words has set something off in me. The best way to write, if one is having trouble doing so; is to write. According to James Ellroy, getting next to your thoughts by just sitting in a dark room works too. For me listening to music in a dark room is the best way to focus on the music and on other ancient cares.
  My wife, again fortunately, is encouraged by light - after all she's a painter. I'm encouraged by what I hear and feel in the dark.
  Take a peek.


(2) Raymond White

No comments:

Post a Comment