My Blog List

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Good-bye Pierre Boulez and Bye-Bye Facebook*

Today I discontinued my Facebook account. In the beginning, I started Facebook to keep up with my granddaughters. In the mean the time, they have, for the most part, moved on to other social media outlets -- I will not follow them in this move.
*Not quite, not so fast - post something? Facebook won't let go!
   Instead of spending my time answering liberal-hating, keyboard racists and suchlike, I thought that resuming blogging, reading, listening to music would be better for me.
   Pierre Boulez died yesterday at the age of 90. Maestro was one of my heroes. I have started listening to the 13 CD DG set of the Maestro's music.
   I certainly treasure having had the opportunity of meeting Pierre Boulez -- a great soul and a great composer-musician. Take a look at the link below.
   http://boulezian.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment