My Blog List

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Go Blue! University of Michigan Basketball

Sorry. Couldn't post as promised during the University of Michigan basketball team's impressive NCAA tournament run. If the Wolverines defeat a very good University of Florida team tomorrow, I'll be able, I hope, to press on with my Jazz & Philosophy post. The contest with Kansas yesterday was one of the greatest basketball games that I've ever seen. It ranks with the 1966 Texas Western verses Kentucky NCAA final that featured Highland Park's Bobby Joe Hill and his Texas Western mates verses Adolph Rupp's University of Kentucky Wildcats. Coach Rupp certainly played the part of a Southern Gentleman - what a rascal. Texas Western's coach Don Haskins was a fine, upright gentleman, and a terrific coach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment