My Blog List

Saturday, August 20, 2011

High School Reunion, What?

Last weekend I attended the Highland Park (Michigan) High School 50-ish class Reunion - Classes 1959 thru 1963. It was very well organized and well attended - the dinner was sold-out. As a consequence it was very enjoyable. This was my first (and certainly my last) reunion.
     Highland Park had a great school system when I was a student. It was a fabulous city to grow up in - the population was about 50,000, the ratio of automobiles to students was about 1:6 (unlike today's ratio of 1:1), we walked everywhere. Basketball was the game of choice (soccer?, no way) and we played in the summer from noon until the sun set. After sundown, it was Carlings Black Label Jumbo beers, cigarettes, and 'manly' talk. Precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment